Top Ten LDS Date Ideas for 2016
You’ve found it, the best of the best. Here are the current TOP TEN lds dating ideas for 2016. Did we neglect your favorite idea? Be sure to write, and let us know which ideas you think deserve the spotlight. If we agree we will add them to our Top Ten date ideas for 2017 in the upcoming months.
Top Ten Date Ideas
- Go on a “Video Scavenger Hunt”
- Directions: Each team has a video camera and a list of scenarios to get footage of — Here are a few possible ideas: Interview a complete stranger about something random, find a random stranger and greet them like an old friend, pretend to know them from somewhere, stage a “break up”, yell at each other and draw lots of attention, try on clothing for the opposite sex. As you can tell, this can be a ton of fun, especially when you go back and watch your footage.
- Play the game “Bigger or Better”
- Directions: Each couple starts with something small—go door to door in your neighborhood asking people to triad you for something bigger or better than the item. At the end of a specified amount of time, gather together as a group and vote on who got the biggest and best item.
- Make a movie together—find odd props around the house, then come up with a funny scenario to act out.
- Have a progressive meal
- Directions: Select different restaurants around town and go to each one. Order drinks at one, appetizers at another, go somewhere new for the main course, and top it off with your favorite desert in town.
- Go ice blocking—slide down big hills on a large block of ice. Bring towels to lay on the ice (to sit on).
- Make Tee Shirts – start with some blank white or collared tees, then get creative with sharpies and paint.
- Story time—take turns recording pieces of a story
- Directions: One person starts recording a story while the other leaves the room ending their segment with “and then…” the other person picks up telling the next part of the story, and ends their segment with “and then…” this continues until someone decides to tell “The end”.
- Bring out your food loving artsy side. Sculpt whole blocks of IceCream. Add toppings to make it more detailed and make sure the Ice Cream is well frozen. Get an off brand so it’s not soft or smooth. It’s messy and sticky but tasty and fun.
- Set up a tent in your front room, sit in the tent and eat dinner on a blanket–roast marshmallows over a candle.
- Dollar date
- Directions: start with a main dish (like pizza) then go to the store and give each person $1. Each person chooses something (for a dollar or less) to have with your main dish.